TERADON | MERGECAT FOR OPEN DATASETS
TERADON is an MVS utility for moving BCS entries from one ICF catalog to another. TERADON can perform its function whether the associated datasets are CLOSED or OPEN. The major differences between IBM’s REPRO MERGECAT and TERADON are:
- TERADON can perform the REPRO MERGECAT process significantly faster.
- TERADON can move data set records to the TARGET catalog while the data sets are OPEN.
Major enhancements in TERADON 3.2
- Support for the z/OS 2.2 64-bit control blocks.
- Support for the z/OS 2.1 BCS Record Level sharing (RLS) feature
- As of z/OS 2.1, catalog support for VSAM record-level sharing is provided for user catalogs in a Parallel Sysplex . This is intended to substantially reduce catalog contention and improve performance. Catalogs using RLS are now supported by TERADON.
- Automatic monitoring and control of the mirror process
- Previous versions of TERADON required the user to monitor the status of the mirror process. When mirroring was no longer needed, the user could disable TERADON. This is now controlled by TERADON. TERADON will detect when mirroring is no longer required and will automatically disable itself.
- Support for Multi-Systems. Data sets can now be OPEN on any system within your SYSPLEX.
- TERADON can now be run on any system within your SYSPLEX. Commands are issued to start the necessary procedures for each system.
- Allows all VSAM SHAREOPTIONS. Earlier releases only supported SHROPTS(3,3), (3,4), and (4,3).
- All VSAM and NonVSAM files are now supported.
- VSAM files open for LOAD MODE are supported.
- Provides multiple THROTTLE options to assist with operations.
- During the REPRO process, each catalog is serialized and catalog requests issued after command initiation will wait. THROTTLE causes TERADON to temporarily release its control of the catalog. Thus, catalog service requests for other users will be permitted to process.
- Improved execution time. (Performance information is available upon request.)
- Combines REPRO (batch) and REPRO (Whileopen) into a single command making the product much easier to use.
- The REPRO process has been streamlined for improved performance.
- There is now one REPRO command. TERADON will dynamically determine when its different system interfaces are required. This removes the responsibility from the user and puts it on TERADON.
T-REX is a mainframe utility to analyze, diagnose, report, backup and repair clusters and ICF (Integrated Catalog Facility) components in a z/OS environment. T-REX was built from the ground up to incorporate the latest features and functions, making it superior to the other conglomeration of old technology in this particular […]Read More
Universal Data Manager (UDM) is a GUI based solution for managing an organization’s z/OS Storage at an Enterprise level, including, Tape Robots and Tape Catalogs, DFSMShsm, CA-Disk, ICF Catalogs, DASD Volumes, DFSMS objects, Spool data and other related objects. The overall ease of installation and automated analysis provides the controls, […]Read More
VELOCI-Raptor (VR) is an intelligent, intuitive, performance optimization tool designed to dramatically improve system performance while significantly reducing system overhead by automating tuning activities. VR assists IT departments in meeting increased service level demands and helping manage growing workloads. VR reduces overhead by optimally allocating buffers for VSAM and non-VSAM files […]Read More
REORGadon (HSM/R) is a tool to address the problems and restrictions associated with batch reorganization of IBM’s Hierarchical Storage Manager (DFSMShsm) control data sets (CDS) and small data set packing data sets (SDSP). REORGadon provides HSM control data set or SDSP reorganization while the files are active and online to HSM, and […]Read More
RealTime Defrag (RTD) provides automatic and easily controlled z/OS DASD volume maintenance for the 24×7 operating environment, without the disruption to production schedules which legacy defrag and volume maintenance products engender, and with high throughput due to its advanced multiple address space architecture. Today the availability and reliability of your […]Read More
XTINCT 5.1 z/OS Secure Data Delete is a tool for wiping data from DASD and Tape to ensure the original data is unrecoverable. In addition to providing a complete audit trail and comprehensive reports to satisfy regulators, XTINCT surpasses NIST guidelines for cleaning and purging data. XTINCT satisfies all federal and international […]Read More
HSM Adminisaurus (HSA) is a consolidated DFSMShsm management tool for the novice or the expert that provides extensive reporting, comprehensive auditing, in-depth processing analysis, and simplified administrative functions to help you establish and maintain a healthy HSM environment. HSA allows proactive management to maximize storage utilization, optimize physical resources, and […]Read More
DINO-Software develops enterprise-wide, multi-platform solutions for the optimization of complex IT environments. In 2002, DINO-Software released their vanguard product, T-REX and quickly established themselves as specialists within the z/OS mainframe tech-space. DINO-Software products include VSAM record management, catalog, storage management, and disaster recovery. DINO technologists have, over the course of […]Read More